4.9/5 stars on Google… and counting!
Available 24/7 for your HVAC emergencies
Locally owned and operated
Things to Consider When Investing in a New Water Heater
Did you know that approximately 15% of your home’s energy budget is dedicated to heating water? This means that if you currently have an older or inefficient water heater, your energy bills are higher than they should be. When it comes to water heaters, one of the most common questions we get is: should I get a tankless or a traditional tank water heater? The answer depends on your specific needs. Take a look at the handy chart below to help you decide which water heater is best for you!
Tankless vs. Traditional Tank
|Energy savings depending on water usage||Higher maintenance/
|Space saving||Water treatment is often required|
|No storage of hot water||It takes longer to get hot water to your taps|
|No limit to hot water availability|
|Lower initial installation
|Often less energy efficient|
|Simpler Technology||Can take up more space|
|It can be quicker to get hot water to your taps||Limited hot water availability|
Water Heater FAQs
There are a few things you can look for to tell if your water heater needs to be replaced. Some of the easiest things to spot are:
- Unit Age: If your water heater is over 6 years old, then it’s time to think about replacing it. Check the manufacturer label to find out how old your unit is.
- Rusty Water: If your hot water has a rusty colour when it comes out of the tap, then parts of the tank have rusted and corroded. The tank needs to be replaced right away.
- Noise: If your unit is making loud noises, that is a sure sign that it is on it’s last legs and needs to be replaced
- Water Leaks: If you notice a puddle around your water heater, there is definitely a leak in the unit. If the unit is also old, then it should be replaced. Otherwise, it might be able to be repaired./li>
- Cold Water: If try to run hot water from any of your taps or shower, and no hot water comes out, then your water heater has stopped functioning and needs to be fixed or replaced.
If you notice any of these issues with your water heater, contact us right away so we can fix or replace the unit and get your hot water situation back to normal!
Get up to $5,000 in Government Rebates
Buildings, including our homes, account for 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. This grant is designed to help Canadians make where they live more energy-efficient. This means homes will be more comfortable and more affordable to maintain while also supporting our environmental objectives. The Canada Greener Homes Grant will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient, create new jobs across Canada for energy advisors, grow our domestic green supply chains, and fight climate change.
6 Reasons to Choose Sauve Heating & Air Conditioning
KEEPING IT SIMPLE SINCE 1992
FREE SECOND OPINIONS
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
2 YRS OF SERVICE INCL. WITH EVERY PURCHASE
CUSTOMER FIRST, ALWAYS
COMMUNITY DRIVEN – WE LIVE HERE TOO!
Experienced. Honest. Trusted.
Sauve Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing residential HVAC services to Kemptville, Prescott, Brockville, Merrickville and surrounding communities for more than 25 years.
We’re available by phone for your HVAC emergencies every day of the week, any time, 24/7.
Kemptville: (613) 258-7173
Prescott: (613) 925-0223
A few of the leading HVAC brands we trust and use…
Areas We Serve